Data Protection Policy
So that we can provide a Golf Club and course suited to the best interests of its members and other course users, we have to collect information. This information may include details of members, guests, visitors, current, past and prospective employees and suppliers.
Clevedon Golf Club is committed to the correct treatment of
personal data. We fully appreciate the underlying principles of the 2018 General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. Clevedon Golf Club supports and adheres to their provisions. The Act uses the term "Personal Data” which essentially means any recorded information held by us and from which a living individual can be identified.
We are committed to complying with the GDPR and Data Protection Act Principles which are:
- Personal Data shall be processed fairly. Personal data shall only be obtained for one or more specified lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal Data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Data is not kept longer than is necessary.
- Data shall be processed in accordance with the individual’s rights.
- Data will be secure.
- Provide details of information held on behalf of members within one month upon receipt of a ‘subject access’ request and provision of the standard fee.
We confirm we will not process data unless one or other of the
following conditions apply:-
- The Data Subject has consented to the processing.
- It is necessary for the performance of a contact with the individual.
- It is required under a legal obligation.
- To protect the interest of the individual.
- It is for the purpose of carrying out public functions, including
- complying with legal obligations.
- It is necessary to pursue our interests and those of third
Sensitive personal data will not be processed unless one of the
following pre-conditions is met:-
- The individual has consented.
- The information is required by law for employment purposes.
- It is for the protection of the individual or another person.
- It is required to be processed by operation of law.
- Individuals have the right of access to data held about them. If a request for information is made we will reply within one month, subject to any fee payable.
We will only process data necessary
To establish, maintain membership or support.
We will only keep the information whilst the individual is a member or supporter or as long as it is necessary.