Data Protection Policy
So that we can provide a Golf Club and course suited to the best interests of its members and other course users, we have to collect information. This information may include details of members, guests, visitors, current, past and prospective employees and suppliers.
Clevedon Golf Club is committed to the correct treatment of personal data. We fully appreciate the underlying principles of the Data Protection Act and support and adhere to its provisions. The Act uses the term "Personal Data” which essentially means any recorded information held by us and from which a living individual can be identified.
We are committed to complying with the Data Protection Act Principles which are:
- Personal Data shall be processed fairly. Personal data shall only be obtained for one or more specified lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal Data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Data is accurate and kept up to date.
- Data is not kept longer than is necessary.
- Data shall be processed in accordance with the individual’s rights.
- Data will be secure.
- Provide details of information held on behalf of members within 60 days upon receipt of a ‘subject access’ request and provision of the standard fee.
We confirm we will not process data unless one or other of the following conditions apply:-
- The Data Subject has consented to the processing.
- It is necessary for the performance of a contact with the individual.
- It is required under a legal obligation.
- To protect the interest of the individual.
- It is for the purpose of carrying out public functions, including complying with legal obligations.
- It is necessary to pursue our interests and those of third parties.
Sensitive personal data will not be processed unless one of the following pre-conditions is met:-
- The individual has consented.
- The information is required by law for employment purposes.
- It is for the protection of the individual or another person.
- It is required to be processed by operation of law.
- Individuals have the right of access to data held about them. If a request for information is made we will reply within 40 days, subject to any fee payable.
We will only process data necessary
- To establish, maintain membership or support.
We will only keep the information whilst the individual is a member or supporter or as long as it is necessary.